If you’re heading to a celebration any time soon, you’re in luck as the Ideal Wine Company has decided to share with you this week five tips for drinking champagne.
There’s a Right Way to Drink Champagne
As a luxury wine provider, selling stand out vintages for reasonable prices, we offer a range of champagnes. As such, we understand that for a high class drink, you want to get the most out of your purchase and drink it in such a way that you can savour every sip.
As there is with wine, there’s a certain way to drink champagne which allows you to truly make the most out of your investment. But because champagne is a different drink to wine, the rules of drinking wine don’t always apply to champagne.
Use These Five Tips to Drink Champagne
Luckily, we’ve had plenty of experience in drinking champagne here at the Ideal Wine Company, and that experience has taught us that you need to employ the following five tips to ensue you make the most of every drop…
- Chill It: Like with white wine, champagne tastes best when it is allowed the chance to chill in the fridge. There’s something about chilling that just brings out the subtler characteristics that set off a quality glass of champagne, but you don’t want to freeze it either.
- Twist the Bottle: One of the biggest problems with champagne, is that you lose a fair bit of it when you open the bottle, because it’s so fizzy. That is why it’s always a good idea to twist the bottle as you open, to minimise the risk of your luxury drink shooting up out the bottle.
- Find the Right Glass: As we’ve said before, you need the right glass for the right type of drink, due to the need to open it up to oxygen, which helps release the flavour. Most experts suggest a flute, however there is some debate about this.
- Sniff before You Sip: Drinking champagne should be an experience. If you want to make the most of that experience, take a sniff and take in the subtle aromas that characterise a truly expert bottle before you drink.
- Enjoy Yourself: At the end of the day, you never enjoy anything if you over think it. That is why the best thing you can do to get the full champagne experience is simply to accept it for what it is and enjoy the ride.
What Champagne Do You Want to Buy?
Once you’ve done all this, trust us – you will get everything you want and more out of your glass of first rate champagne. Now all you need to do is head on over to the Ideal Wine Company and think about which one you want to buy!